While game crashes and freezers are uncommon, this article will help you to resolve them in case it does happen to you.
There are many possible causes of a crash. Below is a list of steps that should help you to determine the cause of the crash. If not, then open up a support ticket and we'll help you figure out the cause. In the instructison below, the word "crash" can be replaced with the word "freeze" in case that's the symptom you're having.
- First off, does the game start up or does it freeze/crash upon starting? If it won't start, go here.
- Does your game crash only with one saved game or does it crash with others as well? If it only crashes with this league then, skip to step 6. If you're not sure, then create a small fictional league just for testing purposes. If you can get the test league to work without crashing, then skip to step 6.
- If that didn't fix it, try running the game using the special "safemode" option. If the game doesn't crash now, then open up a support ticket and skip the rest of the steps. [Please let us know in your ticket that the game worked in "safemode".]
- There might be something wrong with the installation. To fix this, uninstall and then reinstall the game. [You can skip this step if you already tried it while doing a previous step.]
- Before opening a support ticket, it's recommended you generate a trace file. Once you've done this, open up a support ticket. You can skip this step if you like, but a tech may ask you to generate the trace file in which case, you'll have to wait a little longer to get help. Skip the rest of the steps.
- If the cause is a corrupt league file, one easy fix is to revert to a backup. See here to find out more about making backups. [Don't do this step if you don't want to lose some of your progress. Instead, skip to step 8.]
- If you can't revert to a backup (or don't want to), then you'll need help from a tech.
- Before opening a support ticket, it's recommended you generate a trace file and then upload (via FTP) your saved game files to us. Once you've done this, open up a support ticket. You can skip this step if you like, but a tech may ask you to generate the trace file and upload your files in which case, you'll have to wait a little longer to get help.