Generally speaking, activating the game works on the first attempt, but if you try several times and still can't get it to activate, you should read the following article. A common error message when attempting to activate the game is "The game could not be activated. Please try again later." The most common cause for this error is that you've reached the activation limit of two. This is possible even if you've only installed the game on one computer. If you think you've reached the activation limit (which is two simultaneous activations), then you'll need to submit a support ticket to get help. The steps below won't help if you've reached the limit already. But all other activation problems should be fixable by following the steps below.
Note: If you're using a Mac OS (Mavericks or Yosemite), then you need to submit a suppor ticket to get help with this since the game can no longer activate on these two systems. The developers are working on a fix for this, but in the mean time, we can offer you another solution.
Steps for resolving activation errors:
- First off, the activation servers may be slow at responding especially during the first several days after the release of a new version. If you can't activate, you may just have to keep trying several more times. Please don't skip step 5 even though it involves many sub-steps as it usually helps if the earlier steps fail.
- Make sure you entered the key correctly, including the FHM2014- at the beginning.
- If you're running Windows Vista/7/8, be sure and right-click the game icon and choose "run as administrator" the first time you run the game or else it might not activate.
- The game can be activated on only two computers. Once you reach this limit, you need to deactivate from one of your computers before you can install onto a third one. If you cannot deactivate an installation, open up a support ticket and we'll do it for you.
- If you persistently get this error and cannot resolve it, you can also activate the game while offline using these instructions. Please don't skip this step even though it involves many additional steps. When all else fails, this usually works.
- If you still can't activate, then it could help to have the error code generated. There's a file called crash_report.txt located in the folder the game was installed into. Now submit a support ticket and we'll help you resolve this. Be sure and attach the crash_report.txt file to your ticket.
- If all of the above fails, submit a support ticket and we'll help you resolve this. It would help to have the crash_report.txt file from step 6. If you have this, attach this file to your ticket.