Activation Issues for OOTP
Generally speaking, activating the game works on the first attempt, but if you try several times and still can't get it to activate, you should read the following article. A common error message when attempting to activate the game is "The game could not be activated. Please try again later." The most common cause for this error is that you've reached the activation limit of two. This is possible even if you've only installed the game on one computer. If you think you've reached the activation limit (which is two simultaneous activations), then you'll need to submit a support ticket to get help. The steps below won't help if you've reached the limit already. But all other activation problems should be fixable by following the steps below.
- First off, during the release of a new version, the activation servers may be slow at responding. If you have issues activating your game it may be due to slower servers. Please continue to attempt activating the game and review the following steps.
- Make sure you entered the key correctly. If you copy and paste the code try entering it manually and if you entered it manually you can try copying and pasting it. Also, make sure there is no blank space at the beginning or end of the code (in case you copied and pasted it).
- If you're running a Windows 7/8/10/11 computer be sure and right-click the game icon and choose "Run as administrator" when you launch the game.
- Our keys can only be activated on up to two computers at any time. Once you reach this limit, you will need to deactivate it from one of your computers before you can install it onto a third one. Please use the Fastspring/QLM after-purchase-support page to assist with removing an activation from your key. If you have any issues using that support page please submit a support ticket and we can assist with that.
- That Fastspring/QLM after-purchase-support page can also help you review your license key and ensure you are using the correct one as well as view any activations already on the key.
- You can enable debug mode for troubleshooting the activation problem. Our support team will want that file when being contacted regarding activation issues.
- If all of the above fails, submit a support ticket and we'll help you resolve this.
Here are links to the most common questions people have: How to get help from our support staff. Purchasing questions and problems. Get help with license/activation questions/issues. Installation instructions and problems. Help ...
Activation Issues for FHM
Generally speaking, activating the game works on the first attempt, but if you try several times and still can't get it to activate, you should read the following article. A common error message when attempting to activate the game is "The game could ...
Activation Key Not Found on License Server
If you are experiencing a situation where your game was updated or you installed your game onto a new device and upon opening the game it requested you to activate the game (potentially again). If you entered your key and the message on the screen ...
Who to Contact About Issues Related to the Purchase or Licensing of an OOTP Developments Game
Out of the Park Developments games are distributed digitally. We have worked with several different third-party companies over the years to handle the task of selling and administering licenses for our games. The purchase and licensing processes for ...
“OOTP Baseball 20.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software
If you see this displaying, it's a result of changes Apple has made to their Gatekeeper system. All software built for the Mac OS after June 1 of 2019 must be uploaded to Apple’s servers, scanned by an automated system, and approved. If it isn’t ...