Activation Issues for OOTP
Generally speaking, activating the game works on the first attempt, but if you try several times and still can't get it to activate, you should read the following article. A common error message when attempting to activate the game is "The game could not be activated. Please try again later." The most common cause for this error is that you've reached the activation limit of two. This is possible even if you've only installed the game on one computer. If you think you've reached the activation limit (which is two simultaneous activations), then you'll need to submit a support ticket to get help. The steps below won't help if you've reached the limit already. But all other activation problems should be fixable by following the steps below.
- First off, the activation servers may be slow at responding especially during the first several days after the release of a new version. If you can't activate, you may just have to keep trying several more times.
- Make sure you entered the key correctly, including the OOTP22- at the beginning (or OOTP21-, depending on the version of your game). The only letter O's in the code are in "OOTP", otherwise it's a zero. Also, make sure there is no blank space at the beginning or ending of the code (in case you copied and pasted it).
- If you're running Windows 7/8/10, be sure and right-click the game icon and choose "run as administrator" the first time you run the game or else it might not activate.
- The game can be activated on only two computers. Once you reach this limit, you need to deactivate from one of your computers before you can install onto a third one. If you cannot deactivate an installation, submit a support ticket and we'll do it for you.
- You can enable debug mode for troubleshooting the activation problem.
- If you persistently get this error and cannot resolve it, you can also manually activate the game using these instructions. Please don't skip this step even though it involves many additional steps. When all else fails, this usually works.
- If all of the above fails, submit a support ticket and we'll help you resolve this.
Here are links to the most common questions people have: How to get help from our support staff. Purchasing questions and problems. Get help with license/activation questions/issues. Installation instructions and problems. Help ...
Activation Issues for FHM
Generally speaking, activating the game works on the first attempt, but if you try several times and still can't get it to activate, you should read the following article. A common error message when attempting to activate the game is "The game could ...
Activation Key Not Found on License Server
If you are experiencing a situation where your game was updated or you installed your game onto a new device and upon opening the game it requested you to activate the game (potentially again). If you entered your key and the message on the screen ...
Who to Contact About Issues Related to the Purchase or Licensing of an OOTP Developments Game
Out of the Park Developments games are distributed digitally. We have worked with several different third-party companies over the years to handle the task of selling and administering licenses for our games. The purchase and licensing processes for ...
“OOTP Baseball 20.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software
If you see this displaying, it's a result of changes Apple has made to their Gatekeeper system. All software built for the Mac OS after June 1 of 2019 must be uploaded to Apple’s servers, scanned by an automated system, and approved. If it isn’t ...